What’s included in the box?
Legend Slick Cookware
Before Cooking Prep
Clean each pan in warm, soapy water before first use. Do not scrub with harsh detergents or abrasives like steel wool.
• Use on all cooktops, including:
• Feel free to use nonstick cooking spray, as long as it’s 100% oil.
How to clean your cookware
• Wash pans with non-abrasive sponge or soft plastic mesh and dish soap.
• Polish stainless steel with a mixture of water and lemon juice or vinegar.
What to avoid when cleaning your cookware
• No not use harsh detergents when washing by hand or in dishwasher.
• Leave in hot, steamy dishwasher after washing cycle is complete.
How to store your cookware after cleaning
• Store each pan alone, if possible, to prevent scratches to the finish.
• Do no stack cookware without protective silicone sheets between pans.
How do I start using my Legend Cast Iron product?
Which oil do I use to season Legend Cast Iron?
Soybean oil is best, but you can use any of the following fats: grapeseed oil, peanut oil,canola oil, vegetable oil, flaxseed oil.
What does ‘buffing’ mean?
Buffing helps your skillet absorb the seasoning so it does not become greasy. To buff, simply rub your oil of choice in circular motion until it is absorbed into the cast iron.
Does Legend cookware have PFOA?
No, we do not allow any PFOA or other non-stick chemicals into our products.
Is Legend Cast Iron Non-Stick? Why is my food sticking to the pan?
Legend cast iron arrives with a base layer of seasoning, which istrengthened over time as you cook and care for it. Well-seasoned Legend cast iron has a fully nonstick surface.
Why is there rust on my skillet?
Moisture residue from washing can form rust. While generally not dangerous, rust can gradually damage your cookware. Be sure to thoroughly dry after each use.
Can I use my cast iron on the campfire, outdoor grill, in an oven, smooth top stove, or smoker?
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes! Legend cast iron is designed for all types, and sources, of heat.
Can Legend cast iron skillets be used on glass stovetops?
Yes. However, due to their durable nature, Legend cast iron is heavy. Always lift when moving around to avoid any scratches or damage to your stove’s glass top.